Thursday, November 28, 2019

Apolo 1 - Airgam

Apolo 1 playset, Airgam, Spain, 1970's 
A modular space base, all in one neat package (well, hmmm. 4 packages really - this is the nº1).
As you can see there are a lot of antennas in Spanish space design from the 70ies...  and a lot of colors too !

The set also comes with cards showing the other sets and some different space base building techniques... all you need really for that perfect condo at the borders of the Sea of Tranquility !


The astronauts / spacemen are specific to these sets and are very nicely done (even though the ones I found did have some limb-loosing issues). All in all a very funky playset and I am eager to locate the other ones to make the mother of all space bases !







3 comments:

  1. One of my all time favorite sets (despite not having one!), it's so . . . err . . . 1970's!!! I love it, thanks for posting!

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hugh - yes, I think you're completely right. As far as 1970's toy designm, this is a pearl ! I really like the modularity. It's like a lego set with expansion packs !(even though the quality of plastic is slightly different than Legos... hence the broken figurines).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. A melding of '70s aesthetic with something more of the '50s and early '60s. The space suits on the figures are very early much of the '60s and the guy in what I assume to be radiation gear... Wow! I think if I were using the space base in a roleplaying/gaming session with the figures - I would have it be a discovered piece of alien technology.

    ReplyDelete